To better support implementation of person-centered principles in service delivery, BQIS and BDDS, in partnership with The University of Missouri–Kansas City, is offering two separate family leaders Charting the LifeCourse ambassador for family members of individuals with I/DD.
What is an Ambassador Series? All Charting the LifeCourse Ambassador Series are designed to provide training, professional development, and implementation coaching to support individuals in achieving their good life and navigating services/supports.
The purpose of these two particular family leaders series is to provide support to family members of individuals with I/DD to understand and grow their advocacy and family leadership skills as well as connect with and build family peer networks within the CtLC framework.
Each series aims to:
- Provide a foundational understanding of the key principles within the CtLC framework.
- Introduce the application of the key principles for a specific focus area and/or practice.
- Share examples of how CtLC is being used around the country.
What does an Ambassador Series include? The Ambassador Series combines self-paced learning and regular coaching support through a virtual learning experience. Each series includes:
- A kick-off coaching call.
- Five online videos, learning activities, and interactive coaching calls related to each key principle.
- Practice on how to apply the principle and using the related tools by downloading, completing, and submitting the learning activity.
- Feedback/ discussions on knowledge learned from coaches and peers during the coaching call.
- A wrap up, reflections and next steps coaching call.
To complete an Ambassador Series:
- Attend and participate in all coaching calls.
- Watch all videos.
- Complete all learning activities.
- Dialogue and share with other participants.
Links to register are included below. Each of these series is limited to 15 participants each. Registrations will be received on a first come, first-serve basis.
Family Leaders Series (2 Series Available):
Coaching Calls Cohort 1: Tuesdays 11 – 12:30 p.m. (EDT)
- Kick-off: 06/01/21
- Sessions: 6/15/21, 6/29/21, 7/13/21, 7/27/21, 8/10/21, 8/24/21
Please register here for Cohort 1 please click here.
Coaching Calls Cohort 2: Thursdays 10-11:30 p.m. (EDT)
- Kick-off: 05/27/21
- Sessions: 6/10/21, 6/24/21, 7/8/21, 7/22/21, 8/5/21, 8/19/21
Please register here for Cohort 2 please click here.
We look forward to continuing to educate and inspire family members of individuals with I/DD to empower individuals to live, love, learn, work, play and pursue their dreams.
If you need additional resources or support or have suggestions for additional trainings, please contact us at BQIS.Help@fssa.IN.gov
The DDRS is a program of the Indiana Family & Social Services Administration. If you have questions about DDRS programs and services, visit us online at www.DDRS.In.gov.