Position: My Summer Journey Assistant
Reports to: Program Coordinator and Executive Director
Capacity: Full-time hours, during the month of June for three weeks from Monday to Friday
Organization: Autism Community Connection
Purpose: My Summer Journey (MSJ) is a summer program for teens with autism, ages 13-19. Our fun-filled days helps keeps kids in a routine that can make the transition back to school much easier. The focus of the program is to make new friends along with working on life and social skills.
Description: MSJ will be offered Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm for three weeks in June. The sessions offered will be the week of June 12th to 16th, June 19th to 23rd, and June 26th to 30th. MSJ staff will meet at Earlywood Education Center in Franklin. Each session will have a themed curriculum along with several community outings throughout the sessions.
- Comply with personnel policies for MSJ staff.
- Maintain an environment which promotes cooperation, learning and enjoyment for everyone.
- Encourage a high level of participation in assigned activity.
- Take an active role in the general supervision and care of MSJ participants interests and abilities.
- Maintain discipline, safety, and control of activity site.
- Identify and respond to MSJ participants behavior issues. Be knowledgeable about the behavior plans and intervention plans of all MSJ participants in your group. Complete incident reports as needed and review with Program Coordinator and Executive Director.
- Assist in maintaining the facility and locations by keeping it clean, organized, and secure. Report any concerns/damages to Program Coordinator.
- Assist with daily set-up, take-down and clean-up of equipment and materials.
- Education classes or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
- Over 18 years old with reliable transportation.
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals with special needs.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in group activities which include, but are not limited to, team building initiatives, physical games, and activities.
- Must have the ability to restrain and physically support children when needed for safety in general activities (child weighing 75 – 200 pounds).
Download My Summer Journey Assistant position.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Kelli Higgins, Executive Director at email@example.com.